Floraide Show and Amsterdam

On top of going to the Olympics in London, another thing on my to do list was to go to Floraide, a world horticultural expo held once every 10 years. This year's show is held in Venlo, Netherlands.

Spent 2 lovely days enjoying different themed gardens and shows there.


One of my favourite scenery at the show, so picturesque and tranquil.


 A modern green kitchen.


Love the idea, pull out drawers of green plants.
  

Amazing table setting.


Ivy lamps and details on the table.


There were, of course, loads of different flowers, so can only show some of my favourites here. Purple anemone and viburnum berries.


Miniature orchid.


Some dandelion seeds amongst a bed of succulents and a striking orchid.


A floral and gardening library! Happily spent 2 hours here being blown away by designs of different floral artists.


Completely stunning green wall in the style I like - simplistic colour palette but rich in textures!


Since using passiflora for the first time in New York last year, I still get incredily hyped every time I see it.


It is actually quite interesting to see flowers that I have worked with in their organic form, here are fragrant sweet peas, the red ones are gorgeous!


For a city girl like me, I will never get to see a garden like this at home and can only dream of having a terrace and enjoying breakfast in one.


Closeup of a dried allium.


There were mushrooms gardens for sale!


And also different strawberry plants.
  

Thoroughly enjoyed taking my time to enjoy the flowers and plants and breathe in fresh, crisp air, felt completely refreshed and inspired afterwards.
  
And in Amsterdam, found a cute home accessories store.


Also visited a flower shop, Fleurmonde.


I can only dream of working with dahlia like this baby in Hong Kong.


And a cute jelly fish looking plant and what looks like a flower in the allium family.


I can't even use words to describe how much I enjoy every minute of travelling, visiting gardens, flower shows and shops and taking pictures of them. If only I can be a 'fleur journalist', doing this for a living! But if that fails, maybe I should start planning my next fleur holiday.