MFH Part 10b: Jamie Aston Shop and Final Project

Although there seems to be more flower shops in Paris, I have to say I love flower shops in London slightly more as there are more character in quite a lot of them. Jamie Aston's shop, situated in Marylebone, got to be one of the best in town.

A handdrawn postcard of the shop.


This is what you see when you enter the shop, gorgeous selection of flowers, ready made bouquets and nice vases and home decor items.

 
Lovely details everywhere you look.
   


Stunning selection of vases and phalaenopsis in a nice shabby chic planter.
 
 

Cute hyacinth bulbs in rustic pots and lots of white centerpieces that the shop was sending out for a corporate event.
 
 
At the end of the professional floristry course, each student had to design a table and arrange multiple items as our graduation project. I decided to do a vintage garden party and use some of the items that I bought during the trip. I obviously also took the chance to order some of my favourite flowers that I couldn't get my hands on here.

Love this birdfeeder and designed a centerpiece with it. Happened to find some cobble stone candles whilst shopping that match the birdfeeder perfectly!
 

Also made a bouquet and a chair back. Am so impressed with the flowers that were ordered for us as the quality of was just superb. Heart the dark purple hydrangea and the pale blush and lilac roses, both of which have the vintage feel to them. The ivory spray rose, lilac scabiosa, purple delphinium, seeded eucalyptus, ivy, hanging amaranthus were also impeccable.
 
My favourite item is this shabby chic trug filled with flowers and I also wired flowers along the handle and one of the sides.
 

 
And here is the table, finished off with a fabric union jack bunting.
 

 
How I wish I could move everything to a lawn and set all the flowers properly with vintage teapot, teacups and some delicious desserts!!